EDITOR: As a long-time Bedminster resident, it is a source of pride to me that our town is a successful blend of a large rural area and a very developed area called The Hills.
In many ways, The Hills is a town unto themselves. We hire our own contractors for snow removal, garbage collection, landscapers and painters. We have our own rules and regulations that guide our neighborhoods in areas such as parking, outside lighting and maintenance of any patios/decking.
We do, however, look to the town to provide schools, roads, recreation space and a healthy economic atmosphere, and it is important that we have representatives on the Township Committee that can maintain the high marks we currently earn in Bedminster.
Doug Stevinson, a resident since 2004, and Gina Fernandez, a resident since 2006 and past resident of the Parkside neighborhood, understand the balance of the responsibilities of the homeowner associations and the responsibilities of the town.
As a current member of the Township Committee, Doug has been instrumental in controlling township spending and adopting budgets that keep our town taxes low. He is involved in helping to resolve issues that directly aect The Hills residents such as adding crosswalks on Robertson Road and improving the condition of the dog parks located in River Road Park and Burnt Mills Park.
Additionally, he is actively advocating for improvements to be made to the age/income restricted community Pluckemin Park.
Prior to being elected to the Township Committee, Doug’s experience as a member of the Bedminster Recreation Committee and past president of the Bedminster-Far Hills Little League illustrate that he is completely invested in our town.
Gina has shown her dedication to Bedminster by contributing to our children’s future, many of whom live in The Hills, in her tenure as vice president of the Bedminster PTO, chair of the Bernards High School Project Graduation for the 2017-18 school year, and 12 years as a Girl Scout Troop Leader.
Gina’s experience of working with many people to achieve success in these organizations will translate to success working on the numerous projects that the Township Committee is responsible for directing.
On Nov 5, please join me in supporting Doug Stevinson and Gina Fernandez for Bedminster Township Committee so we can continue to live in a well-balanced and well-loved town.
- LETTER: Bedminster mayor: Stevinson and Fernandez are ‘champions for our residents’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez ‘will put Bedminster taxpayers first’
- LETTER: Vote Republican for responsible government in Bedminster
- LETTER: Vote to keep Bedminster affordable
- LETTER: Republican candidates ‘listening to needs of The Hills
- LETTER: Stevinson/Fernandez team ‘right choice for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez ‘champions for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Republicans ‘will help Bedminster stay on track’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez ‘best candidates for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez offer ‘vision’ for Bedminster
- LETTER: Vote Republican for a well-balanced Bedminster
- LETTER: ‘Don’t change anything in Bedminster’
- LETTER: Stevinson and Fernandez are ‘Champions for Bedminster’
- Bedminster GOP endorses Stevinson, Fernandez for Township Committee