EDITOR: Here are some of the reasons why I will be voting to re-elect Colin Hickey to the Bedminster Township Committee.
After Colin heard from many Bedminster residents who were unhappy with the levels of service and lack of communication from JCP&L, New Jersey American Water, and other utility service providers, Colin became their voice and successfully opened channels of communication.
Speaking on behalf of residents, he addressed specific issues with each company, negotiated improvements, and kept the public informed by communicating via public meetings, the Township website, and social media. Colin’s efforts are moving the needle in the right direction and Bedminster residents continue to benefit from his dogged persistence.
In addition to his advocacy, Committeeman Hickey ably represents the fiscal interests of Bedminster taxpayers. Each year, as the Township Committee works on the next year’s budget, Colin examines the proposed expenses line by line looking for ways to keep costs low and community services first-rate. As the current crisis unfolded, he argued for additional budget reductions and the extension of taxpayer grace periods.
Beyond his Township Committee role, Colin also serves as a volunteer. For families impacted by the pandemic, he created the Bedminster Pop-up Food Pantry and devoted his mornings to food collection, sanitizing, sorting, and distribution every weekday for ten weeks. Many of you know Colin from his volunteer position at the Bedminster Farmers’ Market — directing traffic in and out of the busy parking lot.
Colin’s actions clearly speak for themselves. His advocacy for residents, fiscal stewardship, and volunteerism have all demonstrated that he is the right choice for Bedminster Township.
Whether by mail, lockbox, or provisional ballot on November 3rd, vote for Colin Hickey for Bedminster Township Committee.
Editor’s Note: Joe Metelski is a former Mayor of Bedminster Township. This Letter to the Editor originally appeared in TAPinto Somerset Hills on August 29, 2020.
- LETTER: Bedminster Committeeman Thanks Voters
- LETTER: Hickey backed for ‘selfless devotion to Bedminster’
- EDITORIAL: Our local endorsements for Bernardsville, Bernards Township, Bedminster and Far Hills
- LETTER: Hickey has served Bedminster ‘in exemplary fashion’
- Two vie for seat on Bedminster Township Committee
- LETTER: Hickey’s ‘performance speaks for itself’ in Bedminster
- Bedminster pressing to defeat proposed water fee hike
- LETTER: Hickey ‘checks all the boxes’ in Bedminster
- LETTER: Hickey ‘has earned your vote’ in Bedminster
- LETTER: Hickey ‘takes his service seriously’ in Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey is ‘there for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Hickey demonstrates ‘persistent advocacy’ for Bedminster
- LETTER: Hickey brings ‘knowledge, dedication and skill’ to Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey is ‘all in’ for Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey Has Earned My Vote in Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey ‘the best candidate to represent Bedminster’
- LETTER: Former Bedminster Mayor Endorses Colin Hickey for Township Committee
- LETTER: Hickey called ‘a proven leader’ in Bedminster
- Bernardsville News: Incumbent Hickey endorsed by Bedminster Republicans
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Candidate Screening