EDITOR: Don’t you want someone to really listen to you, have your best interests at heart and be fully vested in the community in which you live?
I do, and the more I learned about, and have gotten to know, Doug Stevinson and Gina Fernandez, they are just that and exactly the right people to lead our wonderful town of Bedminster.
Serving in his third year on the Township Committee, Doug has helped reduced spending and delivered a budget, which has kept Bedminster taxes among the lowest in Somerset County. Two years ago, the budget remained flat with a zero tax increase from 2017 to 2018. This year, the total appropriations for 2019 decreased from 2018.
He is the committee liaison to the Historic Preservation Commission, police, fire and department of public works – well respected and has established relationships to get things done. Active in our community, having served on the Land Use Board, Recreational Committee, Far Hills Little League and Friends of the Jacobus Vanderveer House, he brings insights to how the town operates and can negotiate and implement favorable policies for us.
Gina, bringing a fresh voice and a fresh perspective as an educator and public school volunteer, offers new and practical ideas from her proven leadership in fund-raising – raising over $100,000 for Bedminster School, teaching, community service and advocacy on behalf of parents.
She has done her homework on the budget and township regulations; she cares about the well-being of your children, serving parent teacher organizations and chair of Bernards High Project Graduation; and she brings passion to children’s causes. She founded an after school club, the Hispanic Heritage Club. Her energy is boundless and her commitment ongoing.
Together, Doug and Gina will adopt annual budgets below the rate of inflation, support commercial enterprises and equestrian activities to lessen residential tax burdens and negotiate new shared services arrangements to continue fiscal responsibility. They will put taxpayers first.
They will enhance our quality of life by expanding recreational facilities, preserving Bedminister’s rural heritage, and advocating for the revitalization of Pluckemin Park. They plan to strengthen youth activities, co-sponsor educational community programs with Bedminster School and Environmental Commission, and reform land use regulations to encourage homeowner reinvestment, growth and prosperity.
I’ve joined them on neighborhood walks, and the eagerness to hear residents’ needs, concerns and desires is sincere. While walking in District 8, which is affordable housing, Gina conversed in Spanish with residents to ensure she and Doug heard their opinions. They are inclusive, respect diversity and will represent everyone.
I trust Doug Stevinson and Gina Fernandez to understand my needs and put all of the people of Bedminster first. That’s why I’m voting for them; please do the same on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- LETTER: Bedminster mayor: Stevinson and Fernandez are ‘champions for our residents’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez ‘will put Bedminster taxpayers first’
- LETTER: Vote Republican for responsible government in Bedminster
- LETTER: Vote to keep Bedminster affordable
- LETTER: Republican candidates ‘listening to needs of The Hills
- LETTER: Stevinson/Fernandez team ‘right choice for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez ‘champions for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Republicans ‘will help Bedminster stay on track’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez ‘best candidates for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Stevinson, Fernandez offer ‘vision’ for Bedminster
- LETTER: Vote Republican for a well-balanced Bedminster
- LETTER: ‘Don’t change anything in Bedminster’
- LETTER: Stevinson and Fernandez are ‘Champions for Bedminster’
- Bedminster GOP endorses Stevinson, Fernandez for Township Committee