EDITOR: Summer in Bedminster has been wonderful with so many great activities right in our own backyard.
Our Bedminster Farmer’s Market is tremendously successful and will continue through Saturday, Oct. 26, its last day for the year and also the date of our annual Bedminster Charities’ Fall Fest fund-raiser beneting seven Bedminster-based organizations, including the Bedminster Township School Parent-Teacher Organization, Center for Contemporary Art, Far Hills-Bedminster Fire Department, Far Hills-Bedminster First Aid Squad, Pottersville Volunteer Fire Company, Friends of the Jacobus Vanderveer House and Friends of the Clarence Dillon Library.
But as the weather gets a bit cooler, it is also crucial to remember another important date this fall, and that is Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 5.
As we know, Bedminster is a very special place, unique in its rural and equestrian character, low taxes and safety. Residents, when asked how they like living in Bedminster as you visit door to door, say, “Please don’t change a thing, we love living in Bedminster!”
Bedminster has been fortunate to have leaders in our community that care deeply and put the time and eort into making sure that Bedminster does not lose these qualities that make us very proud and able to live here.
Township Committeeman Doug Stevinson and former PTO Vice President Gina Fernandez are two such individuals who have worked hard for Bedminster to protect the quality of our everyday life.
Doug is currently serving as Township Committeeman, elected in 2016. He is the township liaison to police and re departments and department of Public Works, as well as the Historic Preservation Commission.
Prior to his election as Township Committeeman, Doug had already been extremely involved as a member of the Bedminster Land Use Board, Recreation Committee, president of BedminsterFar Hills Little League and also with the Friends of the Jacobus Vanderveer House.
In each of his assignments and on a day-to-day basis, Doug serves our residents well as he is able to utilize his legal acumen as an attorney and critically analyze issues in order to provide creative solutions.
He has worked, along with the Township Committee, to revitalize the River Road dog park, improve The Hills crosswalk and reduce Route 206 engine noise.
Doug is goal-oriented and takes each task presented as a challenge, making sure that he hits his mark in order to best represent Bedminster and its citizens.
Gina has been a resident of Bedminster since 2006 and has served very successfully as Bedminster PTO vice president, co-chairing the PTO Spring Fling fund-raiser, raising over $100,000 for Bedminster School over a three-year period.
She also chaired the Bernards High School Project Graduation for the 2017-18 school year.
In addition, as a volunteer Girl Scout Troop Leader for over 12 years, and also as an educator, Gina understands the work necessary for the success of a project and also knows the tremendous importance and value of building relationships within our community. She is an advocate for keeping our property taxes low, preserving open space and keeping our community safe.
Doug and Gina have repeatedly and consistently demonstrated their allegiance, commitment and dedication to Bedminster as leaders in our community.
As we look forward to a beautiful autumn in Bedminster, please remember to support Doug and Gina on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 5, so they may continue to be champions for Bedminster.
- EDITORIAL: Our local endorsements for Bernardsville, Bernards Township, Bedminster and Far Hills
- LETTER: Hickey has served Bedminster ‘in exemplary fashion’
- Two vie for seat on Bedminster Township Committee
- LETTER: Hickey’s ‘performance speaks for itself’ in Bedminster
- Bedminster pressing to defeat proposed water fee hike
- LETTER: Hickey ‘checks all the boxes’ in Bedminster
- LETTER: Hickey ‘has earned your vote’ in Bedminster
- LETTER: Hickey ‘takes his service seriously’ in Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey is ‘there for Bedminster’
- LETTER: Hickey demonstrates ‘persistent advocacy’ for Bedminster
- LETTER: Hickey brings ‘knowledge, dedication and skill’ to Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey is ‘all in’ for Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey Has Earned My Vote in Bedminster
- LETTER: Colin Hickey ‘the best candidate to represent Bedminster’
- LETTER: Former Bedminster Mayor Endorses Colin Hickey for Township Committee
- LETTER: Hickey called ‘a proven leader’ in Bedminster
- Bernardsville News: Incumbent Hickey endorsed by Bedminster Republicans